We had some leftover Rosemary and whipped up a quick Rosemary Simple Syrup (recipe below) and made this Rosemary Basil Cocktail! So good, you have to try it!
ROSEMARY SIMPLE SYRUP INSTRUCTIONS:
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar and 1/2 cup of water to a sauce pan. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- When the sugar is fully dissolved and the liquid is clear, remove from the heat and add 2 sprigs of rosemary.
- Let the rosemary sit in the syrup for at least 1/2 hour then strain a container and store in the fridge until you are ready to use it.
ROSEMARY BASIL COCKTAIL INSTRUCTIONS:
- Add fresh basil to your shaker and muddle. You can also just tear the basil into pieces.
- Add ice, 2 oz of tequila, about 2 oz of the rosemary simple syrup, and shake.
- Pour over ice and garnish with a rosemary sprig or basil leaf.